Smoking is injurious to health:Ultimate Management Guide
😈 Smoking is Injurious to Health 😥
If You Are Smoking …..You are Definitely Creating the Pipeline to your Death…..That’s mean Cigarette Smoking ultimately Increases the Chances of premature Death.
Hey , Smoking Is Injurious to Health.
Let me Prove You …
In This Article ….
You May also Like : “INDIA FACTS “, How is INDIA Incredible?
How Cigarette Smoking is Injurious to Health? 👿
Contents of Cigarette Smoke:
You Know more than 4000 injurious Subtances Containing Cigarette Smoke.
|Injurious Elements Category||Compounds|
You may also Like : How Coma Occurs? & What Happens in Coma?
Smoking is Injurious to Health: ➡
Is Main stream or side stream smoke worse?
Types of Smoking/Smoke:
- Main Stream Smoking/Smoke:
Smoke emerging from mouth-piece during puffing.
2. Side Steam Smoking/Smoke:
Smoke emitting between puffs at the Burning end and From-mouth-end. Contains more Carcinogens compared to main stream Stmoke.
How does cigarette work?
Smoking Index and Pack Years:
Smoking Index is the no. of Cigarettes/day multiplied by total duration of smoking in years. If a person smokes 10 Cigarettes/day for the past 15 years, his Smoking Index is 150 .
- Smoking Index < 100-mild Smoker.
- Smoking Index 100-300 -Moderate Smoker.
- Smoking Index >300- Heavy Smoker.
Pack Years is no. of packs of Cigarettes/day multiplied by total duration of Smoking in years ( 1-pack=20 Cigarettes).
Passive Smoking is Injurious to Health:
Alternative Names For Passive Smoking Such as Second-Hand Smoking, Involuntary Smoking, Environmental Tobacco Smoke Exposure.
Occurs when Smoke From one person’s Burning Tobacco product i.e. Side Stream Smoke or Exhaled smoke is inhaled by Others.
Passive Smoking increases Risk of Cancers , CAD , Respiratory illnesses and Death.
You may also like : Stroke in young:what’s a stroke & what can cause stroke in young person?
Smoking is Injurious to Health:
Is Nicotine bad for your health?
- Nicotine is the main toxic substances producing acute effects as well as dependence.
Effects of Inhalation of Nicotin Produces:
- 😡 Increase in Both Systolic and Diastolic Blood Pressures.
- Increase in Heart Rate.
- 👿 Increase in the Force of Myocardial Contraction.
- Increase in Excitability of Myocardium.
- 😡 Increase in myocardial Oxygen Consumption.
- Peripheral Vasoconstriction.
- Inhalation of Carbon Monoxide Leads to polycythaemia and CNS impairment
- Carcinogens increase the occurrence of several cancers.
- Smoking Impairs ciliary movements in Respiratory Tract, Inhibits Function of alveolar macrophages and produces hyperplasia and Hypertrophy of Mucus-Secreting Glands.The airway resistance is increased due to smooth muscle contraction via stimulation of Submucosal irritants Receptors . It also inhibits anti-proteinases and stimulates Neutrophils to release proteolytic Enzymes.
You may also Like: What is Vision disease?What Problems causes Vision Disease?
What happens to the body when you smoke?
Health Effects of Chronic Smoking
Cancers due to Carcinogens
- Lungs Cancer
- Oral Cavity or mouth Cancer
- Larynx Cancer
- Oseophagus Cancer
- Stomach Cancer
- Urinary Bladder Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Cervix Cancer
- Acute Myeloid Leukaemia
- Coronary Artery disease
- Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
You may also like: मालिश के फायदे-What are health benefits of Massage?
All Forms of Tobacco smoking is injurious to Health . Tobacoo smoking includes Cigarettes , Cigars, Pipes, bidis, and Hookahs can produce ill Health Effects and Addiction.
Cigar and Pipe Smokers tend to inhale less Smoke than Cigarette Smokers, so their risk of Lung Cancer is Lower but is still several times higher than the Risk for Non- Smokers.
Occurrence of Carcinoma of Oral Cavity, Larynx and Oesophagus same with Cigar , Pipe and Cigarette.
There is no Such Evidence that “Low- Tar” Cigarettes Smoking less injurious to Health or Human Body.
You may also like: Yoga Physiology- Special Guide for YOGA lovers
How does Smoking affect the heart and blood vessels?
- Major Risk Factors for Coronary Artery Disease (CAD) include Smoking, Hypertension and Hypercholesterolaemia. Presence of all three Risk Factors increases Risk of CAD 8 times/Folds.
- Deaths due to CAD 65 % higher in Smokers Compared to Non- Smokers.
- People under 40-45 times more likely to have a Heart Attack if they Smoke.
- Sudden Death 2-5 times more common in smokers.
- Females who Smoke are also predisposes to Coronary Artery Disease(CAD).
- Cerebro-Vascular Accidents more Common in Smokers.
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases more common in Smokers.
What happens to your lungs when you smoke a cigarette?
- Abnormalities in pulmonary Function tests including elastic Recoil and small airway Functions are impaired.
- Chronic Pulmonary Lung Disease (COPD) is about 15-20 times higher in Smokers.
- Male Smokers have 5-25 times greater mortality due to Chronic Pulmonary Lung Disease (COPD) than Non -Smokers.
- Increased Incidence of Influenza infection in Smokers.
- Cancers of Larynx and Lung greater in Smokers.
Smoking affects women more than you think:
Why smoking is Injurious to health during Pregnancy?
- Smoking Reduces the Chances of Conception.
- :cry:Smoking during pregnancy produces Intrauterine Growth Retardation leading to Reduced weight of Newborn.
- Rates of Spontaneous Abortion , Intrauterine Foetal Death snd Sudden infant Death higher in smokers.
- Smoking during Pregnancy also Leads to Congenital Abnormalities in neonate such as Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation, Spinal bifida etc.
You may also Like : Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE):How does SLE affect the body?
How does smoking lead to Gastrointestinal tract Diseases/Problems?
- Smoking Produces Discolouration of Teeth, and Reduced taste and smell.
- Peptic ulcers i.e. Gastric or Duodenal ulcers more common. Also Affects ulcer Healing.
- Increased prevalence of Cancers of Oral Cavity, Oesophagus , Stomach , Colon and Pancreas.
Management of Smoking
😈 Nicotine Withdrawal
Nicotine withdrawal Symptoms is Chronic users begin to appear approximately 30 minutes after every dose.
Nicotine Withdrawal Symptoms includes are:
- Feelings of Frustration
- Poor Concentration
- Increased Appetite
You may also Like : Why balanced diet is necessary for maintaining healthy body?
What is smoking cessation therapy?
- Nicotine Replacement Therapy
- Use of Nicotine Patches , Nicotine Gums , Lozenges and Nasal Sprays.
- An Antidepressant which is chemically unrelated to Tricyclic Antidepressants or Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors.
- The Mechanism of Action is Unknown ; However it is presumed that the action is mediated by Non-adrenergic or Dopaminergic mechanisms.
- Dose is 75-150 mg twic ea day.
- 😥 Side-Effects include Dry Mouth and Insomnia.
- Sometimes Seizures may occurs.