Yoga Physiology- Special Guide for YOGA lovers
Yoga Physiology- Special Guide for YOGA lovers
Firstly ,Understand the meaning of “Yoga Physiology” …..Physiology Means “Functioning” and Yoga means “Yoga is the Group Of Physical ,Mental and Spiritual Practices or Exercise ,Combination Which having Positive Influence on the Individuals Body.
Yoga is the main part of Indian Culture/heritage.we Should know about the Yoga Physiology . Body Yoga works on so many different levels . Physiology Yoga has Great Potential as an effective Treatment for chronic diseases and conditions that do no respond well to conventional treatment methods and Doing Yoga Practices Having Many Benefits on body .
Read more : A Major Problem- Premature Ejaculation
Yoga Physiology ;Brief History
The History of yoga Practice Indeed very old . Asanas and Yoga Poses is a Tradition of health and spirituality that evovlved in the India. Yoga is emerged from earliest known Human Civilizations of Indus Valley Region .
History of Yogic Traditions Start with Yoga Sutra around between 200 BC and 300 AD ,written by Patanjali , A Renowned Yoga Teacher and Hindu Philosopher.Yoga is also mentioned in Mahabharata , Ramayana and Upanishads.Even Kabir ,Tulsidas and Surdas mentioned yoga in their writings.
Yogic Practice Entered the western Mainstream through the work of Swami Vivekananda who Popularized Eastern Hindu Philosophy in the late 19th and 20th centeries.
Yoga Physiology;Meaning of YOGA
Yoga is a Sanskrit word meaning UNION.Practice Yoga is the HINDU SPIRITUAL ( Religious Belief ) and Self Discipline method of integrating the Body , Breath and Mind .Yoga is a science of development of man’s consciousness.
YOGA is the “Unification of Atma with Parmatma” Body Yoga is concerned with union of individual soul with Absolute or Divine Soul
The following definitions can be beneficial to understand the meaning of Yoga
- “Checking the Impulses of mind is Yoga .” – by Yoga Teacher Patanjali
- “Yoga is Attaining the Pose.” – Mahrishi Ved Vyas
- “Spiritual Yoga kamdhenu.” – Owner Sampuarnanand
- “The Knowledge about Shiva and Shakti is yoga.” –Agam
- “Oneness of man with god is known as Yoga.” – Shri Bharti Krishan Tirth
- ” In Bhagwad Gita , Lord KRISHNA says ,” Skill in Actions or Efficiency alone is Yoga.”
Yoga Physiology;7 Chakras
Above Video, is all about the Body 7 Chakras . This is the Very Informative Video by Harpreet Kaur Kandhari in Hindi Version . After Seeing this video You would came to know about the Importance of Chakras for the Human Anatomy or Physiology or Human Body. How can be Activate these 7 Chakras in our body? What is the Effects of 7 chakras on the individual’s body.
The Video- 7 Chakras Healing Contains Lots.
Also Read; Amazing Facebook Facts 2017 Collection
In Brief ; Chakras
7 Chakras are the Energy Centers in the Body. Our Body is Made up of Particles and these Particles Having Energies . When Energy System Disturbed in Body it will Leads lots of Diseases and illnesses.
Firstly Understand The Meaning Of 7 Chakras,
Name Of The Chakras;
1. Base or Root Chakra (last bone in spinal cord *coccyx*);
- Grounded , Secure , Prosperous
- Sanskrit Name ; Muladhara
- Location; Base of Spine
- Activation Mantra ; Lam
- Yoga Pose ; Warrior Pose
2. Sacral Chakra (ovaries/prostate)
- Creativity ,Emotional Stability , Flexibility
- Sanskrit Name ; Swadhisthana
- Location; Lower Abdomen
- Scent ; Tongerine
- Activation Manta; you
- Yoga Pose ; Wide-Angle Seated Forward Bend
3. Solar Plexus Chakra (navel area)
- Power, Purpose , Self-Esteem
- Sanskrit Name ; Manipura
- Location ; Midway Between Solar Plexus and Base of Sternum
- Scent ; Lemon
- Activation Mantra ; Ram
- Yoga Pose; Half Load of the Fishes Pose
3. Heart Chakra (heart area)
- Seat of the Soul, Empathy Love
- Sanskrit Name ; Anahata
- Location ; Centre of Chest
- Scent ; Eucalyptus
- Activation Mantra; Yam
- Yoga Pose; Cobra
4. Throat Chakra (throat and neck area)
- Speech , Hearing , Self- Expression
- Sanskrit Name ; Vishuddha
- Location ; Throat/ Base of Neck
- scent; Long live Islander
- Activation Mantra ; Ham
- Yoga Pose ; Bridge Pose
6 .Brow or Third Eye Chakra (pineal gland or third eye)
- Mind & Body Converge , Decision- Making , Intuition
- Sanskrit Name ; Ajna
- Location ; Forehead Between Eyebrows
- Scent ; Vanilla
- Activation Mantra; Om
- Yoga Pose ; Easy Pose
7. Crown Chakra (Top of head)
- Detachment From Ego,Enlightenment
- Sanskrit Name ; Sahasrara
- Location ; Top of Head
- Scent; Jasmine
- Activation Mantra ; Silence After Om
- Yoga Pose ; Lotus Pose ( Padmasana)
To Knows About The Yoga Poses Read Article ; 15 Amazing Asanas(Yoga Poses)to stay Fit
Yoga Practice Essentially involves :
- Asanas that is Adopting certain simple to Complex body postures and maintaining the same for set periods of time.
- Yoga Includes Breathing Techniques
- Meditation i.e. Voluntary concentration of thoughts ( Raja Yoga )
- Mantras : Repeated recital of phrases
Yoga is thus described as comprising a rich Treasure of Physical and Mental Activities that can be effectively used to create Physical and Mental well being on the individual Body. Since Yoga Intro. into Modern culture , Yoga has enjoyed a Tremendous Growth in Popularity as an adjunct to Healthy Living.
The Branch of Yoga and Yoga Practice that work with both Adults and Children is called Hatha Yoga .
Yoga Physiology;Main Purpose;
- Achieve Highest Potential By doing Effective Yoga Practice or Asanas Regularly.
- To Experience Effective Enduring / Permanent /long lasting Health and Happiness by Performing Asanas .
- Improve The Quality of life Because Asanas Having Positive Benefits on the Body.
Also Read ; Interesting Facts About Women or Girls !!
General Characteristics of YOGIC PRACTICE :
- The Yoga Physiological System of health involves the Asanas of all types like Skeletal , Cardiac & Smooth muscles of the body .
- Anatomy Yoga Has Very Little Expenditure of Body Energy .
- Yoga Physiological Anatomy Associated with Internal Pressure such as intrathoracic and intra-abdominal pressure changes from the basis of yoga Physiological system of health.
- All Walk of life of people and of all ages can Practice Yoga easily and effectively.
- Main aims of Yoga or Yoga Practice and Asanas is to achieve the highest level and Benefits of integration through the control of the modification of mind of Individual’s Body.
- All Yoga Practice s are Complementary and Very Effective to each other.
- The Nature of Asanas and Yogic Practice is PSYCHO-NEUROPHYSICAL
Also Read “INDIA FACTS “, How is INDIA Incredible?
Yoga Physiology; Experience After Doing Yogic Practice ;
Yoga Practice or Asansas are not just a slow – motion calisthenics i.e. Freehand exercises performed in a Rhythmic sequence .
Anyone who practices yoga correctly soon begins to appreciate the depth of the Below mentioned benefits ;
- The Relaxation and softening of deep inner Tension and Blockages .
- Sense of Body – Mind Equilibrium/Stability
- Feeling of Energetic Light
Studies conducted revealed that 1 hr/day of Yogic practice for a period of 6 months leads to increase in parasympathetic activities , provides stability of autonomic balance during stress , improves thermoregulation efficiency and cognitive functions Such as : Concentration , Memory , Learning and Vigilance / Awareness .
Clinical Studies have also demonstrated the THERAPEUTIC potential of Yogic Practice in Treatment of :
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease such as Bronchitis and Asthma.
- Mellitus diabetes.
- Low backache.
- Stress Related Psychosomatic Disorders.
- Coronary Artery Disease.
- GIT ( Gastro-intestinal Tract ) Disorders.
- Postural Defects such as Kyphosis & Scoliosis etc.
- Joint pain
Risks of Yogic Practice And Asanas:
Below mentioned Risks may occur particularly in those individuals who are Physically weak or Yogic Exercises if not performed within strict limits of safety.
- Cause Musculo – Skeletal injury.
- May Induce Arrhythmias i.e. Abnormal Heart beat
- Fluctuations of the Haemodynamic parameters
Requirements For Doing Yogic Practice:
- Always use an exercise mat.
- well ventilated and cleaned room for practice.
- Yogic practices should be done on an empty stomach in peaceful surroundings, wear clean, simple and loose or comfortable dress.
- One should not speak while doing Exercises.
- All exercises should be performed slowly , gently, smoothly and not to be taken to the point of exhaustion.
- Exercises should be performed with the positive or right attitude i.e. with conscious awareness of spiritual aim.
- Avoid Inconvenient or wrong postures .
- It is preferably be performed in standing posture at the same time and at a fixed place every day for about an hour. The best timing is Day Morning or Break time .
- Learn the Yogic Practices first ; persons who are weak or those who have recovered from illness should take help of Trainer.
Types of Yogic Exercises
The Basic Yoga methods can be divided into 5 Basic Area of Practice;
- Asanas or Body Postures Read 15 Amazing Asanas( Yoga Poses )to stay Fit
- Pranayama or Breathing Exercises
- Purification ( Cleaning) Practices or Kiryas
- Music and Sound Therapy and
- Deep Relaxation
Asanas can be sundivided into Two Categories ;
- Active Postures (Asanas) ;Active Asanas are Those Postures or Asanas which Performed by individual it self/ Actively . It Tone Specific Muscles and Nerve Groups, Benefits Organs and Endocrine Glands , and Active Brain Cells .
- Passive Postures (Asanas) ; Passive Asanas are Those Postures or Asanas which Performed with the help of Yoga Teacher. These Employed Primarily in Meditation , Relaxation and Pranayama Practices.
The Complete Set of Yoga Asanas covers the Entire Human Anatomy ( From the Top of the Head to The Tips of the Toes). Regular Yoga Practice Help to Correct Postural and Systemic Irregularities, and to maintain the Entire Physiology in Peak Condition. The Greatest Benefit From Practicing Asanas comes when we Lean How To Relax in a given Posture rather Concentrating the mind totally Focused on a Single Object.
References Medical and Yoga books
Guys, Give Your Suggestions For making further Improvements in this Post